Online Offer Letter

Are you asking if studying in Canadian universities is a good move? You are not alone, as many other students ask similar questions about Canadian universities as they seem too good to be true.

Continue reading to find the answers you need to make an informed decision on your studies.

Get Started Now


  1. What are my options when I graduate from a Canadian university?

In the higher education system of Canada, there are two vast programs. You could go to a university and earn a bachelor’s, masters and doctorates degrees. Or you could go for any vocational program in colleges to get a diploma.

Once you graduate from a Bachelor’s degree programme, you have an option to go for masters. This degree will only be awarded when the student is done with the 1 or 2 years programme and has passed the requirement. You can also use a graduate diploma to gain entry for a Master’s degree. But the only way to qualify for a PhD is through a master’s degree that meets the standard requirement.


    1. What do I need to be eligible to study at a Canadian university?

If you want to study in a Canadian university, you need to have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree awarded by a credible tertiary institution. Having a 3-year bachelor’s degree from India is not equivalent to a 4-year Canadian bachelor’s degree, so that it won’t be accepted. But, if you add a master’s or diploma to it, it can be considered. Another way to come is by doing a graduate diploma in Canada and then moving up to a Master’s.


  1. What language requirement do I need to gain a Canadian university admission?

Universities in Canada only consider IELTS as the standard language test to take to be considered. Once you take the test, you need at least a 6.5 score to be offered admission. Some of the other language tests used are TOEFL and PTE. If you have any other tests aside from these, they cant be used to process admission.


  1. When do my courses in Canada start?

There are usually two significant intakes throughout Canada during winter and fall throughout the year. Sometimes, there are exceptions during summer for some programmes that have limited intake. So, if you want to resume in a Canadian University, you first need to know what intake you fall under. If you are under the Fall intake, then your resumption is in September; in winter, your resumption is in January, and Summer is between April and May.


  1. What do I need to process my visa to study in Canada?

The type of visa you need to study in a University in Canada that will last more than six months is a study permit. Before you can be granted the visa, you need to have your admission letter, proof of financial stability, evidence of good health and good character record and sometimes police reports. 

If you are from India, you will get access to a Student direct stream that will help accelerate your study permit processing. With the permit, you need a visitor’s visa to enter the country, and you will be allowed to stay in Canada until your programme time is complete.


  1. What is the least amount I need to study in Canada?

If you are thinking of a high tuition fee considering the standard of Canadian university’s education, this is the answer you need to change that thought. Canadian universities rank among top universities worldwide, but they have a low tuition fee. You need about 16000-30000 CAD for a year to pay for your master’s programme. If you are studying arts or humanities, you might not have to pay up to medicine or engineering courses. So, the tuition fee varies from course to course, and you might even pay up to 40000 CAD for an MBA program depending on the institution.

Also, the cost of moving or living in Canada is not fixed as different cities have their peculiarities. Staying in places like Toronto or Ontario means you will pay more to live there than in other provinces. But in general, you need about 14- 16000 CAD to a comfortable stay in Canada per year. You also need to settle the health insurance fees, about 900 every year.


  1. Are there scholarships I can apply for to help with my Canadian studies?

Yes, you have lots of scholarships available for you as an international student if you wish to school in Canada. These scholarships cut across states, agencies and also universities. Just do the necessary research, and you will find them.


  1. Is it possible to study and work in Canada?

With your study permit alone, you cant work while you school as you have to get a work permit. If you have that, you must meet some criteria in school that will permit you to work at your school. If you want to work on campus, the school must permit it before beginning. Plus, any work you do cannot be done before the session begins or when you are done with your study program.


  1. Will I be able to work after I graduate?

Not every graduate can gain a Post-graduation work permit (PGWP). This permit enables you to remain in Canada or any foreign company to work for a while. You can also get an open work permit to work for a specific company in Canada. But, you need to meet specific education and work criteria to be eligible for any working license.

Get Started Now